Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In which Kate becomes a Teen Services librarian

So in lieu of working in a school library, I've been working more hours at my public library job ... and I am now the teen librarian (yay!). Even though I was "flipped" to this portion of Youth Services earlier this month, I am still really really excited about it.

When my Teen Advisory Board meets for the first time in November, I want to see if any of the kids are interested in a knitting group. Oh yes. A knitting group. I have a lot of extra needles and scrap yarn to get us started, and since I've already taught Andrea how to knit (I need to ask her what poem I used. It was a little violent and involved a fox and a hen-house), I think I can handle teaching teenagers. That, and they won't wave the needles around.

So. Any suggestions for programs? Anyone?

No comments: